POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pretty photons + dispersion : Re: Pretty photons + dispersion Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pretty photons + dispersion
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 16 Nov 2000 01:22:31
Message: <3a137d27$1@news.povray.org>
"Andy Cocker" <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote...
> Okay, I did it... went from 1 hr to 11 hrs. It's barely noticeable, but
> that's what was suggested. Should I make the effect more obvious? I used
> dispersion 1.01... disp_nelems 40
>
> Andy Cocker

In MegaPov, to enable dispersion for photons, you NEED to specify a
color_map in the light_source.  There's a macro in one of the MP demo files
that you can use to aid in creating the spectrum.  I think the demo file is
called prism.pov.

-Nathan